Our BSc Marketing will provide you with cutting-edge knowledge of contemporary marketing theory and practice, a strong grounding in established and emerging theories of marketing, and a firm grasp of specialist areas of marketing. This innovative course features an unmatched breadth of core and option modules. The curriculum further enables you to gain appropriate introductory knowledge of general business principles, as well as core skills in fundamental business management. You will have the opportunity to interact with academics working at the frontiers of the marketing discipline, as well as practitioner-guest speakers with real-life insights. Such a knowledge base and skills set are highly valued by employers. The programme attracts students from both the public and private sectors, including administrators, clerical workers and managers, as well as the self-employed. Because it is taught entirely by evening study, you are able to combine academic studies with your daytime commitments. Our students come from a wide range of backgrounds and with a wide range of experience, which creates a stimulating and supportive learning environment. Our tutorial/seminar sessions give you a chance to interact with your peers and to develop insights into analysing and interpreting a wide and varied subject matter. We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions. If you opt for the Foundation Year route, this will fully prepare you for undergraduate study. It is ideal if you are returning to study after a gap, or if you have not previously studied the relevant subjects, or if you didn't achieve the grades you need for a place on your chosen undergraduate degree. Highlights
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management. Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
- We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource, where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available. You will also have access to the Birkbeck Library and e-Library where you can obtain books and journal articles required for your studies.
- market researcher
- advertising account executive
- media planner
- marketing executive
- public affairs consultant.
For information about course structure and the modules you will be studying, please visit Birkbeck’s online prospectus.
Unseen formal examinations, short tests, individual or group presentations and written essays
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, our usual requirement is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 6.5, with not less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests. We also accept other English language tests.
We welcome applicants without traditional entry qualifications as we base decisions on our own assessment of qualifications, knowledge and previous work experience. We may waive formal entry requirements based on judgement of academic potential.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£4625||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Birkbeck, University of London
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Birkbeck Student Advice Service
0203 907 0700