Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information. Course Summary
- Study your foundation year, then progress to a degree with industry accreditation from the BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT.
- Prepare for the degree with an extra foundation year at the start.
- Learn the skills you need to write the software of tomorrow.
- Develop complex software and systems using analytical and mathematical approaches.
- Understand the fundamental principles behind the software that powers our world.
- Prepare for the degree with an extra foundation year at the start
- hands-on tutorials
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. You will be able to complete a placement year as part of this course. See the modules table below for further information. Year 1 Compulsory modules Foundations In Computing 1 Foundations In Computing 2 Maths For Foundation Computing Study Skills For Computing Students Year 2 Compulsory modules Databases And The Web Fundamentals Of Mathematics And Computer Architectures Programming For Computer Science Software Projects Year 3 Compulsory modules Advanced Programming Algorithms And Data Structures Professional Software Projects Elective modules Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning 1 Game Development Handling Data In The Cloud Mobile Applications Development Year 4 Optional modules Placement Year Final year Compulsory modules Development Project Software Architecture And Design Elective modules Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning 2 Contemporary Software Engineering Functional Programming Machine Learning Algorithms And Heuristics Robotics Secure Software Engineering
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- BCS - The Chartered Institute for IT
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- We may also accept you, if you have limited qualifications but can show evidence of ability and a genuine commitment to studying the subject. - Some applicants may be invited to attend an informal interview with the course leader to ensure that the programme is suitable for themselves and their aspirations. - UK students may be able to claim financial support for the course.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Please note that this information is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University.
English language requirements
|IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills or equivalent.
If English is not your first language, you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills, or equivalent. If your English language skill is currently below IELTS 6.0 we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English score.
Please click the following link to find out more about English language requirements for this course
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland
Additional fee information
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to students who study this course.