Become a driving force behind modern business. Our degree has deep industry ties and years of student feedback, which we use to shape the course and continuously adapt it to reflect current issues. Including an option to specialise in digital and social media marketing. Become a flexible, skilled communicator with a flair for marketing strategy, giving you the head start needed for a flying career in marketing management, advertising, digital marketing or marketing research. You will distinguish yourself professionally with an accredited degree – this course is accredited by The Chartered Institute of Marketing, The Institute of Data and Marketing and works with The Market Research Society. All undergraduate modules within Plymouth Business School have integrated within them a CV building activity, for example, through micro-credentialing; real world problem-based learning; or embedded direct employer activity. We do this because we know it is key to student academic and graduate success.
- Our course acknowledges the multi-faceted dimensions of the marketing discipline which will ensure that you have the comprehensive knowledge needed for a career in marketing.
- Employability is embedded into all aspects of the course whether it is through the use of live client briefs to demonstrate application of theory or dedicated sessions and events in partnership with our Careers Service.
- As marketing has evolved, we have recognised the need to embrace change and address this within the programme. The course offers a digital and social media marketing pathway to allow you tailor your degree to your career goals.
- Distinguish yourself professionally with an accredited degree – this course is accredited by The Chartered Institute of Marketing, The Institute of Data and Marketing and works with The Market Research Society. Receive maximum exemptions from the Chartered Institute of Marketing’s Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing.
- To enhance the employability of our students we work with key professional bodies within marketing such as the IDM/DMA, MRS and CIM by ensuring that the subjects are relevant and up to date, providing opportunities for professional certificates and scope for future professional development. As part of the degree we provide opportunities to attain an IDM Certificate in Digital Marketing, MRS Certificate in Market Research and CIM Graduate Gateway.
In the first year examine marketing and business basics and develop effective practical approaches to complex situations – putting theory into practice with topics such as marketing, economics, accounting and workplace behaviour. You gain an appreciation of business operations and have the opportunity to take a professionally renowned digital marketing qualification. In the second year you explore marketing in more detail, from analysis of consumer behaviours and market research, to product development and brand management. Learn to use theory to create solutions to complex marketing problems with real companies. You are strongly encouraged to undertake a placement year. Placement opportunities are available in a wide variety of companies, from start-ups to blue chips, across the world. Alternatively, you could start or run your own business. In the final year focus on the theoretical and strategic aspects of marketing, investigating the issues. Undertake an independently researched dissertation project in a marketing subject of your choice.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Institute of Data and Marketing
Qualified teacher status (QTS)
To work as a teacher at a state school in England or Wales, you will need to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS). This is offered on this course for the following level:
- Course does not award QTS
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 4
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
The University of Plymouth has a dedicated International Student Advice (ISA) service who will support you from the day you accept an offer at the University, right through to graduation. They will offer help and advice so you can get the most out of your studies, and your time in the UK, visit www.plymouth.ac.uk/student-life/services/international-students/international-student-advice for more information. Once you have applied through UCAS, your conditional offer letters will also be sent to you by email, so be sure to enter your current email address on your application and to check this email regularly. You'll need your unconditional letter, and the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) that we'll send you, when applying for your student visa to the UK. A minimum £2,000 tuition fee deposit will be required before we'll send you the CAS. We're a licenced Sponsor under the Points Based System. To comply with our duties as a Sponsor, we're required to check other aspects of your application in addition to your academic achievements, for example any previous studies, financial status and your immigration history in the UK. For course entry requirements (inc. English requirements) please refer to the specific page for the course you are interested in (www.plymouth.ac.uk/study). A recognised English language qualification (e.g. IELTS) would be required or successful completion of one of the University's pre-sessional English Language courses. Check our country pages to find out more about application from your specific home country www.plymouth.ac.uk/international/study/international-students-country-guides. International fees, please visit our fees and funding pages www.plymouth.ac.uk/study/fees. If you have any questions please contact [email protected]
GCSE Maths and English at Grade C/ 4 or above also required.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||With 5.5 in all elements.|
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
University of Plymouth
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
+44 (0) 1752 585858