Drive the next generation of audio technology with the help of this distinctive masters programme. Underpinned by pioneering research, excellent teaching and first-rate facilities, our MSc Audio Engineering equips you with the skills and knowledge valued most by employers in the rapidly changing and dynamic field of audio engineering.
- Hone your skills on a cutting-edge MSc programme developed in consultation with industry leaders
- Gain up-to-the-minute knowledge in areas which are central to the needs of the sector, including audio electronics, live sound reinforcement, surround sound systems and software engineering
- Prepare for high-level careers in the industry: our graduates have gone on to work for world- leading firms such as Bowers & Wilkins and MQA
- Benefit from state-of-the-art facilities, ranging from 3D multichannel sound rooms to a hemi-anechoic chamber
- Be inspired by experienced and supportive lecturers who are renowned in the field and whose research even featured on Blue Planet II
- Engage in your own cutting-edge research, with the chance to contribute to publications and international conferences
- Hear from top industry professionals through fascinating guest lectures and master classes
Modules: research methods: application and evaluation; audio electronics; audio innovation; live sound system design and optimisation; independent engineering scholarship; advanced surround systems; audio software engineering; negotiated technical modules.
Assessment is a combination of coursework and examinations. Coursework involves individual and group assignments, all with a focus on real-world applications.
You will require: An appropriate undergraduate degree in Engineering, Science or Music Technology (2:2 or above) or an equivalent qualification. If English is not your first language, then you will need to hold IELTS 6.0 or above.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£7850*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.