University of Cumbria has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
Do you have an interest in education? Are you keen to study aspects of education without committing to becoming a teacher? Do you see education as a subject in its own right? Well, we’ve designed our Education Studies programme so you can explore the nature, scope and purpose of education in formal and informal systems. You’ll study it from a national and global point of view, in vocational and non-vocational education and training and in lifelong learning. Why Choose University of Cumbria? We’ll support you to achieve success in the DipHE and there will be an opportunity to progress to the BA (Hons) programme. We’ll even help you with additional support for the skills test to give you the chance to move onto initial teacher training. Practical experience sits at the heart of our course, so all the theory you learn in seminars will be backed up by work experience. Not only will this boost your confidence, it’ll bolster your CV.
- We have a strong partnership with educational providers and can help you to secure work experience as you study to enhance your job prospects
- You will study in small class groups, so we will get to know you well
- You will be allocated a personal tutor from the start of your studies, who will support and guide you
- Work-based placements will enhance your academic knowledge and boost your employability
- You’ll boost your professional and employability skills throughout your studies
- You’ll have the flexibility to follow and research your own interests
- Help to progress onto further studies such as the full BA (Hons) Education Studies
- You’ll be taught by tutors with education backgrounds to bring real-life experience into your learning
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Tower Hamlets|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||72 - 88 points|
|A level||DDD - CCD|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||MMP - MMM|
|Access to HE Diploma||M: 21 credits P: 24 credits||60 credits overall, 45 graded at level 3|
|Scottish Higher||CCDD - BCCC|
GCSE English at grade C/4 or above.
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|