Coventry University has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
The structure of the BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering provision provides you with the opportunity to experience the breadth and interdisciplinary nature of the construction industry, and achieve your potential by providing opportunities to transfer between courses based on academic ability and final chosen degree specialism. You will be taught by staff with academic and professional experience in the civil engineering and construction industries, having worked for companies such as Carillion, Arcadis and Laing O’Rourke as principal, senior and management engineers. Coventry University also has a strong portfolio of industry-related research, ranging from applied technology, such instrumentation and measuring to pure innovative research, which ensures you stay abreast of new technologies and emerging issues. Teaching is highly practical; you will draw on real-life case studies, provided by companies such as Arcadis, CGL, Crossrail and Galliford Try. You will use industry-standard software as is widely used by design and consulting engineers. You will also be given significant opportunities to apply for industrial placements at companies that have previously included: Atkins, Balfour Beatty, Interserve, Morgan Sindall, Mott MacDonald, Severn Trent Water and Warwickshire County Council. Industrial placements may be subject to competitive application, additional costs and meeting visa requirements. Key Course Benefits
- A key feature of this course allows BSc (Hons) students who demonstrate the required academic ability to transfer to the MEng or BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering courses (with a view to ultimately achieving Chartered Engineer status). Further details can be found on the course specification document.
- Expert visiting lecture programme which in the past has featured the chairman of Geotechnics Ltd, Director of Morgan Sindall Infrastructure solutions, Technical Director form Arup, Project Engineer from Cowi, and Fellows of the ICE.
- Access to the University’s Simulation Centre, which is the most advanced interactive people training and development centre in the UK. Its bespoke programmes, combined with cutting-edge technology which is unique in the UK, helps students, companies and organisations across a range of sectors in training and development. The use of the centre’s Learning Curve interactive screen and real-life scenarios using specially trained actors, not only improve skills but helps develop new ways of working by engaging our students in role play to develop their leadership and management skills. A control room in the simulation centre monitors the activity of students via cameras allowing staff to provide immediate feedback.
- 90% of civil engineering students stated they were satisfied overall with the quality of the course in the National Student Survey (NSS) 2019.
- Collaborative links with universities in 20 countries around the world, including Ryerson University Canada, Rennes University France, National University of Colombia and California State University, giving you the chance to spend part of your studies abroad. This opportunity is subject to additional costs, availability, competitive application and meeting visa requirements.
Your main study themes:
- Structural analysis and design:
- Engineering analysis:
- Highways and surveying:
- Group and project work:
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Civil Engineers, Institution of
- Structural Engineers, Institution of
- Chartered institution of Highways & Transportation Civil Engineers, The Institution of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course. The University also accepts the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate / BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma and BTEC Level 3 National Diploma / BTEC Level 3 Diploma for entry onto degree programmes, provided that they are studied in combination with other qualifications that are equivalent to three A2 Levels. This may include subject specific requirements where necessary. If you are successful in receiving an offer, you will be invited to an Applicant Visit Day to discover more about the course and studying at Coventry University.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|