Combining theory and practice, our Advertising and Marketing BA degree focuses on practical marketing skills, enabling you to fully explore the marketing discipline across a wide range of modules. You should develop cutting-edge skills in marketing and communications research, analysis and planning, and working with others to develop advertising campaigns. You should also improve your analytical skills using simulation games, such as the marketing management simulation game designed to develop your understanding and command of the marketing planning process. Our staff are experienced practitioners, having spent time in industry as marketing executives, managers and directors of private and public sector organisations. They bring knowledge of the latest marketing tools and techniques, like Google analytics and the latest online content creation tools in digital marketing (Adobe Creative Suite). Many of our staff are recognised both nationally and internationally in their respective fields of specialism, publishing their research in the highest quality academic journals, including the Journal of Marketing Management, Journal of Business Research, Psychology and Marketing and Journal of Consumer Behaviour to name but a few. This course consistently achieves high levels of student satisfaction, and the quality of our teaching is recognised as excellent: we rank 15th in the UK for Business, Management and Marketing in the Guardian University Guide 2020. To monitor emerging sector trends and challenges, there is a high degree of practitioner input. Guest speakers from industry are frequently invited to give talks about their experiences, in recent years these have included speakers from McCann Erickson, ITV Studios, Millward Brown, Marstons and the Mixed Reality Studio. We are an accredited Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Centre, so you will also gain key exemptions for professional qualifications with the CIM and have the option to complete the CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing following the completion of your degree (additional accreditation fees may apply). Key Course Benefits
- Chance to spend a year studying abroad – previous students have studied in China and Belgium.
- The CIM Graduate Gateway award offers direct entry to top-up to CIM’s Professional Diploma in Marketing immediately after your degree or within the next three years.
- Excellent placement opportunities with various organisations, including blue chip companies, such as Microsoft, Procter and Gamble, Goldman Sachs and Disney (subject to application and availability).
- Access to our state-of-the art digital communications lab – the DigiComm Lab. This is equipped with industry-standard software, including Adobe Comp, Adobe Slate, Adobe Voice, Behance and WordPress.
- Opportunities to participate in industry field trips, for example, to Jaguar Land Rover and the Cadbury World exhibition tour (included a talk from the Marketing team at Cadbury’s), as well as professional exhibitions such as the Digital Marketing Show (additional costs may apply).
- This course is one of only 111 EPAS accredited programmes worldwide - recognising the course’s focus on creativity and innovation that opens doors to students development in an array of professions and industries.
Your main study themes are:
- Marketing: Exploring marketing research, consumer behaviour, digital marketing, brand marketing, contemporary marketing issues and marketing strategy.
- Advertising: analysing current advertisements and creating your own campaigns.
- Research: How to conduct both primary and secondary research and put your skills into practice.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing
- European Foundation for Management Development
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course. The University also accepts the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate / BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma and BTEC Level 3 National Diploma / BTEC Level 3 Diploma for entry onto degree programmes, provided that they are studied in combination with other qualifications that are equivalent to three A2 Levels. This may include subject specific requirements where necessary. If you are successful in receiving an offer, you will be invited to an Applicant Visit Day to discover more about the course and studying at Coventry University.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact details
Recruitment and Admissions Office
Thursday 18 August 08:00-20:00, Friday 19 August 08:00-18:00, Saturday 20 August 10:00-16:00, Sunday 21 August 10:00-16:00, Monday 22 August onwards (weekdays only) 08:00-18:30
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
UK Admissions Office
024 7765 2222
European and International Admissions Office
+44 024 7765 2152