This exciting interdisciplinary degree programme fuses theatre, film, television and audio media placing the performer at the heart of the creative process. So, if you're a self-motivated and enthusiastic performing arts lover, this course could be the perfect path for you. During your time on this course you'll develop a broad understanding of the industry and spend time focusing on all aspects of production. As well as this you’ll have the opportunity to write, create and perform group and independent productions. Why study at Buckinghamshire New University? On this course you'll learn that there are many ways to be a performer. We'll give you hands-on experience with the latest technology allowing you to explore the full range of screen, audio and inter-media possibilities, whilst having access to industry professionals who'll help you shape your work. With London’s theatre world only a short train journey away, we're perfectly placed for acting and performing arts opportunities, placements and theatre visits. There’ll be lots of other performance opportunities open to you, during and after you graduate. We frequently draw on our strong industry links, including:
- Swan Theatre, High Wycombe – students from each year perform in this professional theatre every year.
- Courtyard Theatre, London – this leading fringe venue hosts our final year showcases as well as our second-year productions.
- Court Theatre Training Company – this leading drama school is a partner institution of the University, and we share industry practice with them.
- Out of Joint – this leading UK theatre company has hosted workshops and talks with our students, and Catriona Craig, a permanent member of BNU, also works as Literary Manager for the company.
- Paines Plough – James Grieve, Artistic Director of the company was awarded an honorary MA in 2016 for his work with our students, helping advise lecturers on texts and organising opportunities for our students to interview leading playwright Alistair McDowall.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2021.
If you already have a 2021 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice in Track – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Buckinghamshire New University
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements for the 3-year undergraduate programme, or those who do not feel fully prepared for a Level 4 course, will be considered for the 4-year programme including a Foundation Year.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.