- Join an innovative programme that explores the dynamic relationships between animal welfare science, conservation biology and environmental sustainability
- Learn to define and assess animal welfare, investigate ecosystem health and question the sustainability of animal production and conservation systems
- Create sustainable solutions to animal welfare issues spanning a wide range of contexts and species including farm, zoo and wild-living animals
- Boost your employability by completing a ‘Skills for Biological Scientists’ module
- Get involved with the University’s Centre for Animal Welfare, a high-impact centre dedicated to the advancement of animal welfare science
- Join our distance-learning degree and study flexibly, with live lectures and seminars online. There is no campus-based teaching
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Distance Learning
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Applicants are required to hold a minimum of 2 x A-level or equivalent qualifications (e.g. 2 x BTEC National Subsidiary Diplomas) and we accept all A-level subjects, including Critical Thinking, General Studies and own-language A-levels. We welcome applicants who have completed the Extended Project (EP/EPQ) and points obtained from this qualification will be included in any offer. In addition, we accept a maximum of 32 points from level 3 qualifications below A2 that are included in the tariff (e.g. AS-levels not studied at A-level, music or dance qualifications). If you are a mature student, your application will be considered on its individual merits and work or other professional experience may be taken into consideration in lieu of other published requirements.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||An overall score of 6.0, including 5.5 in writing is required. If you require Tier 4 sponsorship, you will require a minimum of 5.5 in all 4 components.|
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|