**Please note that the information provided relates to the current academic year and is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University. Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information.** Course summary
- Gain knowledge in key computing topics relevant to the current job market, including programming, web development, databases, and project management.
- Take advantage of opportunities to gain industrial work experience and work on live projects for real clients.
- Gain awareness of contemporary IT practices and the structure and demands of the global computing industry.
- A system design and development project that encapsulates C#, ASP.NET framework, MVC architecture and pattern-based software development to build advanced web application solutions
- An advanced data management project that includes R programming, Big Data and Distributed Systems (use of Hadoop Ecosystem) and Data Integration (includes Tableau) to build data management solutions
- A cloud-based project that explores the fast-growing cloud computing field and covers a range of deployment models, software architectures (N-tier, MVC, service-oriented), tools and technologies (virtualisation, use of Django web framework, DevOps, GitHub, Docker, microservices) and different cloud services (e.g., Microsoft Azure) that are necessary for the design and development of scalable applications
- recommended reading
- problem-based learning
- analysis and synthesis
- individual and group activities
- personal research and development project
- technical development work
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. Modules studied may differ depending on when you start your course. You will be able to complete a placement year as part of this course. See the modules table below for further information. Compulsory modules Computer Programming Dissertation For Computing Industrial Expertise Introduction To Databases And Big Data Introduction To Web Development Postgraduate Placement - Research Skills For Computing Study Skills And Project Management Elective modules Advanced Data Management Project Cloud-Based Project System Design And Development Project Final year - Compulsory modules Dissertation For Computing
Normally you need a 2:2 honours degree or above in any discipline from a UK university or equivalent from an overseas university. You may also be able to claim credit points which can reduce the amount of time it takes to complete your qualification at Sheffield Hallam. Find out more We also consider applicants who do not meet these academic criteria but have several years' experience and a keen interest in computing. Overseas applicants from countries whose first language is not English must normally produce evidence of competence in English. An IELTS score of 6.0 with 5.5 in all skills (or equivalent) is the standard for non-native speakers of English. If your English language skill is currently below an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English level.
English language requirements
Overseas applicants from countries whose first language is not English must normally produce evidence of competence in English. An IELTS score of 6.0 with 5.5 in all skills (or equivalent) is the standard for non-native speakers of English. If your English language skill is currently below an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English level.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Sheffield Hallam University
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Student Recruitment Operations Team
(+44) 0114 225 5533