University of Northampton has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
The focus of a degree within the joint honours programme at the University of Northampton is two named subjects. It can involve closely related subjects, or contrasting subjects. Depending on how much time you want to spend on studying particular subjects, your degree may emphasise one of these subjects rather than the other (a major and minor programme) or there is the option of studying them more equally, resulting in a joint degree. A joint honours degree programme consists of three levels (that is, the equivalent of three years of full time study). By studying at the University of Northampton, you can be sure that:
- If you join us, you will experience student life at the University’s new £330 million Waterside Campus. Come along to an Open Day and find out more.
- Students enrolling on this course at Northampton will be provided with their own brand new Hewlett Packard laptop* to keep at no additional cost. All sports clubs and societies are free to join at Northampton and every essential course text book is available via the library, meaning you won’t have to purchase copies. For more information on this visit our website (northampton.ac.uk/benefits).
- Based on the evidence available, the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) Panel judged that the University of Northampton delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students. It is of the highest quality found in the UK.
- Whatever your ambitions, we’re here to help you to achieve them. We’ll support you to identify the skills you’re learning during your course, find your strengths and secure practical experience so that when it comes to applying for jobs or further study you’ll feel confident in standing out from the crowd.
- In fact, we’re so confident in our careers and employability support that If you achieve at least a 2:2 degree and complete either our Employability Plus Gold programme or achieve a Changemaker Gold Certificate during your time studying with us, but still haven’t secured full-time employment 12 months after graduating, we will secure a three – six month paid internship for you or support you into postgraduate study.
Typical modules for Media Production & Moving Image: -Introduction to the Moving Image -Individual Production Project -Documentary Form and -Method Scriptwriting. Typical modules for Film & Screen Studies: -Contemporary Hollywood -Horror Film -National Cinemas and Film Movements -Television Drama.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|