University College Birmingham has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Course snapshot Events management is a rapidly-growing and exciting sector offering huge potential for graduates, and demand is high for managers with robust communication, leadership and managerial skills to create the 'wow' factor. On UCB's Events Management Top-up course, you'll develop a varied management skill set to give you the platform you need to launch your career in a great variety of areas within the industry. Our course is accredited by the University of Birmingham - one of the world's leading academic institutions - as well as the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), a recognised professional management body. Who’s the course for? This course is designed for anyone who has previously studied a relevant subject and is interested in working in a variety of fields within the events industry, including sporting events, festivals, wedding planning, meetings, exhibitions and incentive travel. Why should I study the course?
- RESIDENTIAL VISIT – Travel overseas on a residential trip to a European destination as part of your course
- INDUSTRY APPROVED – Complete our CMI-accredited course and you will be eligible for an Award in Leadership, with CMI membership and access to learning resources throughout your studies
- DIVERSE SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE – Study a variety of topics including marketing, risk management and events planning
- SPECIALISE YOUR STUDIES – Customise your learning with a range of optional modules including financial strategy, adventure events and ‘dark’ tourism
- Convention and exhibition centres
- Festivals and cultural events
- Sporting events
- Events management companies
- Charity promotion and fundraising
- Event Crisis Strategy
- Festivals and Events Tourism
- Mega Events
- Winning Events Bids
- International Research Project
- Financial Strategy
- Global Marketing Solutions
- Managing Adventure Events
- Dark and Thanatourism Management
Note: Indicative information only – actual timetables and assessment regimes will be issued at your induction. Teaching – full-time route Example of a typical teaching week (up to 14 contact hours):
- Large group teaching – 6 hours
- Smaller group teaching – 3 hours
- Tutorials – 3 hours
- Subject advice sessions – 2 hours
- Field trips and visits
- Smaller group teaching – 3 hours
- Tutorials – 1 hour
- Coursework – 70%
- Practical assessment – 5%
- Written examination – 25%
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Management Institute
How to apply
To apply for this course you will be taken to the provider's website, where you can find out more information and make an application.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 3
Entry requirements for advanced entry (i.e. into Year 2 and beyond)
- **Transferring from another university** At University College Birmingham, we consider applications from students who have studied, or are currently studying, a Higher Education course and now wish to transfer universities. - **What do I need to do?** To make an enquiry about studying at University College Birmingham, you will need to complete our online enquiry form -> **https://portal.ucb.ac.uk/#/admissions/ucb-direct-apply** Consideration for advanced entry will be dependent on the modules of your previous course, and how well this matches to the content of the course you wish to transfer to at University College Birmingham. Additionally, the process will be dependent on the number of credits achieved on your current course. Where similar study is apparent, it may be possible for us to award Accreditation for Previous Learning (APL) and, therefore, advanced entry onto a course at UCB will be permitted. Please note; due to the nature of this process, all applications are considered on an individual basis.
All non-EU international students can apply directly via our online application forms: https://portal.ucb.ac.uk/#/admissions/direct-application/intro Undergraduate applicants can also apply via UCAS, if they wish to apply to more than one university. The International Admissions team aim to respond to any new application made directly via the online application form within 5 working days of receipt. However, this can vary during peak application periods (particularly January-March) or if the team require additional information to process your application. Applicants who apply to transfer to University College Birmingham on to a second year or final year of a course will have their previous course matched for entry. Each application is considered individually and careful consideration is given to all information on your application form. We may also need to contact you regarding your immigration status or previous studies in the UK.
|UCAS Tariff||Not accepted|
|A level||Not accepted|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||Not accepted|
|Access to HE Diploma||Not accepted|
|Scottish Higher||Not accepted|
|HND (BTEC)||P||A relevant HND or a foundation degree in the areas of Events or Events Management, with 240 credits.|
If you are unsure if your previous qualification is suitable please contact us before completing an application, you can call us on 0121 604 1040 or email: [email protected] EU/international students Academic: European and International qualifications studied in a relevant subject matter will also be considered applicants will need to have achieved 120 ECTS or equivalent (European Credit Transfer) If you are unsure if your previous qualification is suitable please contact us before completing an application, you can call us on 0121 604 1040 or email EU: [email protected] International: [email protected]
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
English language requirements
To apply for all undergraduate degrees, if your first language is not English, you will need to sit an approved test in English.
UCB English Language Requirements
Fees and funding
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University College Birmingham
Clearing contact detailsApply Direct to UCB
0121 604 1040
Haven’t secured a place at university? Don’t panic! You can apply for a place at UCB through the clearing process, which opens every year in July. Not familiar with the clearing process? Here, you will find everything you need to know to get the ball rolling and secure your place at UCB. Our team of dedicated clearing advisors have your very best interests at heart and will guide you through every aspect of your application. Simply call us on 0121 604 1040 and we’ll get you started on your journey.
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
UCB Direct - Admissions
0121 604 1040