University Centre Rotherham has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
About this Course The Higher National Certificate (HNC) is delivered on a full-time basis over one year. There are mandatory core units and optional units to help develop specialist skills and knowledge. The course provides you with a wealth of transferrable experience and employability skills either to take you straight into industry or onto further study. You will also build confidence both academically and practically within real animal industry scenarios. You will have access to work with a large and varied animal collection. Including large and small exotic mammals, companion mammals, aquatics, amphibians, reptiles, invertebrates, farm livestock, horses and avian species. As part of the course, there will be an opportunity to take part in a two-week residential conservation programme in South Africa. Our lecturing staff have a wide range of expertise, having worked in a variety of animal-related industries and have many years of experience. Former students have stated that they felt ready for the next step of their career and were fully supported to achieve to the best of their ability. Modules Covered:
- Health and Welfare
- Animal Behaviour
- Animal Husbandry
- Managing Animal Collections
- Animal Nursing
- Animal Nutrition
- Business Environment
- further study at higher levels in subjects such as Veterinary Nursing, Zoology, Marine Biology, Animal Behaviour and more.
- Employment within the industry, such as Zoo-Keeping, Veterinary Sciences, Education, Animal Welfare, Visitor's Centre Management and Animal Charities.
- Four GCSE's grade A-C including English Literature, English Language, Maths and Science
- Level 3 qualification in Animal Management
- Three Science or Animal- based A- Levels
- Access to HE certificate in a relevant discipline (Science of animal management)
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- University Centre Rotherham (UCR)
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
All applicants who are non-native English speakers, or who have not studied the final two years of school in English, must have an IELTS score of Level 5.5 or above with a minimum of 5.0 for individual sections.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||5.5||All applicants who are non-native English speakers, or who have not studied the final two years of school in English, must have a Level 5.5 or above with a minimum of 5.0 for individual sections.|
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6900||Year 1|