University of Cumbria has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
If you're looking to start a career working with children and their families, then why not top up your degree to specialise in the field? Designed for students who already have an FdA or HND (level 5), this programme will allow you to boost your qualifications to bachelor's degree level. You'll gain a firm foundation in child development, law, ethics and safeguarding children, debating the contemporary issues surrounding challenges to children. The programme will develop the knowledge and skills you need for a career across a range of professional areas, or for entry into further postgraduate study. Why Choose University of Cumbria
- Integrated working - The programme has a cross cutting theme of interdisciplinary work and offers opportunities for interprofessional study, reflecting changes in the youth and community work sector.
- Applied course and assessments – The course features a high number of applied tasks and assessments such as report writing, designing curriculum packs, evaluating services, ensuring that you have all the practical skills you need to go out into the field.
- Highly skilled tutors with strong links in the field – our tutors are all experienced practitioners and highly skilled researchers. We have links with over 100 children’s workforce organisations across the region and international relationships too. This ensures that your programme is informed by recent practice.
- Enriched learning - In addition to our experienced tutors, you'll learn from a range of visiting speakers, monthly seminars, annual conferences and termly fieldwork supervisor events
- Fresh research - Our tutors are active researchers, exploring areas such as empowerment and agency, gender and identity in young children and interpersonal violence - which means your studies will be informed by the latest research
- early years
- social care
- health and wellbeing
- sport and culture
- youth work
- community work
- crime and justice.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||Not accepted|
Foundation Degree or Higher National Diploma or Diploma in Higher Education in a relevant subject. English Language GCSE grade C/4 or above
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Cumbria
Clearing contact details
Clearing Call Centre
08081 787 373
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
University of Cumbria
0845 606 1144