You want to support and improve the lives of children, young people and their families. This top-up course is designed to develop your knowledge in child development, law, ethics, safeguarding and the debate around the contemporary issues of challenges for children. The knowledge and skills you'll develop will boost your qualifications to degree level and start you on the career path to becoming a leader in your community and making a difference in people’s lives. Course overview Learn from industry-expert tutors alongside lectures, seminars, interactive quizzes, creative work, field trips, case studies and more, giving you the skills you need to go into your chosen field. Practical work experience will integrate theoretical understanding into real-life scenarios. You’ll complete additional qualifications during your studies, including a Safeguarding Certificate, helping to boost your employability. You'll benefit from our strong links with the local community and employers, this degree is rooted in real-world practice. You will work with children and families in a variety of settings including early years education, social care, sport and community, and the criminal justice system. Due to the wide range of progression routes and options upon graduation, we’ve created a bespoke module where you can review and plan your career options. On this course you will
- Take part in learning which celebrates and links to your real-life experiences brought from previous work, volunteering, caring responsibilities or education.
- Complete work experience to boost your employability and learn from tutors with wide-ranging professional and research backgrounds.
- Become part of a learning community of people who want to make a difference, to make the world a fairer place and change things for the better.
- You'll be taught by a friendly team who get to know you as individuals and support you every step of the way.
- Benefit from our connection with over 100 youth work organisations across the region and the world. Ensuring up to date practice and graduate opportunities.
- Extended Professional Practice Report: Dissertation
- Enabling Practice and Empowerment for Communities
- Outdoor Environments and Experiential Learning
- Supporting Health and Wellbeing
- Employability, Progression and Leadership
Year one: Extended Professional Practice Report: Dissertation, Enabling Practice and Empowerment for Communities, Outdoor Environments and Experiential Learning, Supporting Health and Wellbeing, Employability, Progression and Leadership.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Carlisle - Fusehill Street
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Foundation Degree or Higher National Diploma or Diploma in Higher Education in a relevant subject. English Language GCSE grade C/4 or above
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|