Developed via consultation with industry bodies like the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) and commercial sport operators, this dynamic course will prepare you for a career in an ever-changing industry. Why study BSc (Hons) Sport Management (with Foundation Year) at BU?
- Blending academic and practical elements, this course will support you to become a critically informed and well-rounded graduate, ready to manage, influence and lead in the world of work
- Develop a detailed understanding of sport, management, marketing, leadership, finance and business principles, with an appreciation of their complex global social contexts
- Gain varied practical experience from course placement options providing you with fantastic opportunities to put your learning into practice and make professional connections
- We have developed an international reputation in the management of sport, events and physical activity, and continue to shape sport research, policy and practice
- Our range of collaborative projects with local and international partners, provide opportunities for you to engage in educational, research and work activities with our global partner intuitions across the world
- You'll be career-ready with 96% of our graduates in employment or further studies, fifteen months after graduating. (Source DiscoverUni 2022)
During the foundation year, you will study the following units: Fundamentals of Business & Management, Academic & Professional Practice and Fusion Business Project. As part of the degree, you will study a number of units including: Beginning Research in Sport & Exercise; Principles of Sport Management; Sport Marketing; Financial Reporting for Sport; Sport Structures & Processes; Sport, Culture & Society; Conducting Research in Sport & Exercise; Consuming Sport; Financial Appraisal for Sport; Sport Management & Leadership; Dissertation or Research Expedition.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information