BSc Business is a highly flexible course designed to develop your knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of business management, while providing you with a range of practical skills to enable you to succeed in the workplace. Based in the Department of Management, this business degree takes an interdisciplinary approach to the subject, offering you an innovative way of learning about topics that cannot be pigeonholed into one particular area. You will develop:
- analytical skills that will enable you to critically appraise and challenge existing managerial or business practices
- an understanding of how decisions are made in organisations
- quantitative skills that can be applied in the analysis of management and accounting problems
- communication and interpersonal skills.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management.
- Our academic staff are active researchers, as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
- We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- human resources officer
- management consultant
- corporate investment banker
- marketing executive.
For information about course structure and the modules you will be studying, please visit Birkbeck’s online prospectus.
Most modules are assessed by an unseen formal examination and coursework at the end of each term.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, our usual requirement is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 6.5, with not less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests. We also accept other English language tests.
We welcome applicants without traditional entry qualifications as we base decisions on our own assessment of qualifications, knowledge and previous work experience. We may waive formal entry requirements based on judgement of academic potential. FOUNDATION YEAR DEGREES If you need extra support before starting an undergraduate degree, we offer a BSc Business with Foundation Year degree, which provides two extra years of supported study. This is an ideal route if you are returning to study after a gap, or if you have not previously studied this subject, or if you did not achieve the grades you need for a place on this degree. Once you successfully complete the Foundation Year, you will automatically advance onto the main degree.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Institutions Own Test (IOT)
Applicants who do not have grade C or grade 4 GCSE-level English and mathematics may be required to carry out a skills audit at a selection evening, which comprises English and mathematics. This audit assesses an applicant’s potential to cope with, and benefit from, a particular programme of study.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6935||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Birkbeck, University of London
Clearing contact detailsClearing Enquiry form
020 3907 0700
Our Clearing hotline opens at 8.30am on Tuesday 10th August until 6pm and 9am on Wednesday 11th August until 6pm. From Thursday 12th August our phone lines will be open 10.30 - 6pm (Mon-Thur) and 10.30 -5pm (Fri). Virtual Clearing Event - http://www.bbk.ac.uk/events/
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Birkbeck Student Advice Service
0203 907 0700