Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information. Course summary:
- Gain real-world experience that’s relevant to your future career.
- Develop your knowledge of database design and manipulation.
- Study major programming languages and various modern frameworks.
- Learn to produce high-quality, large-scale web, mobile and desktop applications.
- Work on real client software projects
- Prepare for the degree with an extra foundation year at the start
- hands-on lab sessions and tutorials
- regular feedback
- teamwork and group-based learning
- practice-based applied learning
- You will be supported in your learning journey towards highly skilled, graduate level employment through a number of key areas. These include
- access to our student support triangle to help with your personal, academic and career development
- access to our Skills Centre with one to ones, webinars and online resources, where you can get help with planning and structuring your assignments
- industry-specific employability activities such as live projects, learning in simulated environments and networking opportunities
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. You will be able to complete a placement year as part of this course. Year 1 - Compulsory modules: Foundations In Computing 1 Foundations In Computing 2 Maths For Foundation Computing Study Skills For Computing Students Year 2 Compulsory modules Databases And System Modelling Programming Software Projects Web Development Year 3 Compulsory modules Introduction To Software Engineering Professional Software Projects Systems Programming Elective modules Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning 1 Game Development Handling Data In The Cloud Mobile Applications Development Year 4 Optional modules Placement Year Final year Compulsory modules Development Project Management Of It Projects Software Architecture And Design Elective modules Contemporary Software Engineering Machine Learning Algorithms And Heuristics Robotics Secure Software Engineering
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
We may also accept you, if you have limited qualifications but can show evidence of ability and a genuine commitment to studying the subject. Please note the University will only admit students who are aged 18 or over at the point of enrolment.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Some applicants may be invited to attend an informal interview with the course leader to ensure that the programme is suitable for themselves and their aspirations. UK students may be able to claim financial support for the course. Please note that the information provided on this web page relates to 2022 courses and is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills, or equivalent.|
If your English language skill is currently below IELTS 6.0 we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English score.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to students who study this course.