Overview Studying Film Production and Film Studies at Worcester offers you the opportunity to gain a deep understanding into popular movies, art cinema and experimental film alongside developing the creative ideas, concepts and practical skills required to create films yourself. You can tailor your Film Production Studies to focus on your career specialism such as producing, directing, sound, cinematography post-production and visual effects. Film studies offer to take part in film festivals, film journalism, screenwriting and film reviewing. Key features
- Balance between contemporary and older films; British, Hollywood, and International cinemas.
- Research-led teaching by internationally recognized experts in their fields.
- Employability embedded across the course, offering students opportunities in a variety of career paths.
- Study in our purpose-built Digital Arts Centre, which includes a video studio, sound studio, individual edit suites and high-spec computer labs with the latest image manipulation, editing and sound post-production software
- Benefit from regular visits, guest lectures and feedback from top industry experts
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.