University of Worcester has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Overview Our Joint Honours degree in English Language and Media and Culture offers a critical and intellectual insight into modern communication, contemporary society and culture. Studying English Language at Worcester allows you to see how language shapes our worlds, brings thoughts to life and forms our identities through linguistic and stylistic choices. Media and Culture at Worcester examines how media, TV and digital communication shape society, its values and politics – and, as a result, the human experience. Key features
- This academic course utilises dynamic, research-informed approaches to teaching and a range of media, communications technology and the internet to develop your intellectual and critical faculties
- Clear focus on the socio-cultural aspects of language use and an emphasis on the development of research skills with opportunities to present research outcomes through a student conference in the final year
- Innovative, contemporary and important topics including ‘Green Media’, ‘War’, ‘Democracy and the Media’ and ‘Gender’
- Strong emphasis on employability and graduate progression throughout the course with the opportunity to take up a work project and volunteering activities
- Tailor your course to your individual needs with a joint honour degree
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page