OVERVIEW A foundation year provides the perfect environment to advance your academic abilities before continuing on to the full degree course. Key skills and knowledge gained during the year give you an excellent grounding and a wide exposure to a range of subjects within our triple accredited business school. You'll develop your study skills including academic writing and personal and professional development to start you off in the best possible way for your degree. You will learn more about business in a global and national context, and approaches to leading and managing in organisations. The foundation year also gives you the ability to develop your analytical skills and learn how to incorporate data to add real value to achieve organisational objectives. This course is designed to prepare you for studying our accounting and finance degree. It will help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to study for an honours degree, even if you don’t currently meet the academic requirements. Once you’ve passed, you’ll be ready to start your degree course. That means your degree will take four years, or five years if it includes a work placement or year studying abroad. By studying our BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance degree, you’ll explore areas such as financial analytics, corporate finance, business operations and how to support businesses across different sectors. Whether you want to work in a top accountancy firm or start a career in research, we’ll help you develop the expertise you need. You’ll take some of the professional exams too, so you’re one step closer to professional or chartered status when you graduate. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Triple accredited – our business school holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Adapt to university life – develop your study skills, prepare for a full degree course and familiarise yourself with our Manchester campus.
- Funding support – you can apply for student finance (e.g. tuition fee loan, student loan and student maintenance grant) in the same way as other students.
- Enhance your employability – through activities including internships, volunteering or learning a new language. With our award-winning ‘Rise at Manchester Met’ programme you can gain extra academic credits towards your degree.
- Inclusive student experience – you’ll be part of an Accounting, Finance and Banking Department that celebrates diversity in its staff and students, enabling us to provide you with a transformative educational experience.
How to apply
This course is not accepting applications at this time. Please contact the provider to find out more.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
GCSE grade D/3 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English pass and GCSE grade D/3 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics pass
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0161 247 69 69