Advance your management, research and analytical skills with this conversion course, ideal for graduates who would like to develop a critical understanding of the increasingly global, dynamic tourism industry. Why study MSc Tourism Management at BU?
- Study at one of the top-ten ranked universities in the world for tourism and hospitality
- You'll meet industry experts, with the opportunity to take a professional placement, network and share knowledge and experience whilst learning in a structured environment
- Complete an optional 30-week work placement with a tourism employer to further enhance your employability
- Learn from specialist academic staff who are actively involved in research ensuring the curriculum is informed by cutting-edge knowledge and practice
- Explore the significant relationships between tourism and the wider economic, environmental and socio-cultural context
- Benefit from experiencing a new country and culture with the option to study a semester abroad.
- Recognition as an Institute of Travel & Tourism Centre of Excellence signifies BU as an industry-leading university
- Accreditation by the Tourism Management Institute ensures this course meets standards aligned to the needs of the tourism sector, enhancing future employment prospects when you graduate
- Being recognised as a United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO.TedQual) course provides opportunities for you to participate in tourism policy events of the highest-level, as well as obtaining placements in the most prestigious tourism organisations globally
- Accreditation by the leading hospitality professional body, the Institute of Hospitality, offers numerous benefits to you such as free membership and access to the mentoring scheme.
Core units: Managing Visitor Attractions; Business Strategy and Finance; Tourism Planning and Development; The Tourism and Hospitality Industries; Destinations: Contexts for Tourism and Hospitality. Option units (choose one): Air Transport and Tourism; Conference Tourism; Crisis and Disaster Management; Design for Tourism and Hospitality; Entrepreneurship; Food Design and Marketing; Global Food and Drink; Sport Tourism; Tourism Management and the Natural Environment; Optional Work Placement.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- United Nations World Tourism Organisation
- Travel and Tourism, Institute of
- Hospitality, Institute of
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent. If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component or equivalent.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information