Course Overview Aiming for a senior role in fire safety? This could be the course for you. Why study with us
- Our courses are taught by leading researchers in fire safety engineering and fire chemistry, as well as former fire professionals.
- You will have opportunities to spend time at Washington Hall, the UK’s international fire training and development centre. You’ll also experience hands-on firefighting.
- Benefit from the latest high-quality equipment and facilities available in our new £35m Engineering Innovation Centre.
- You’ll have hands-on practical experience throughout the course as well as meeting with industrial representatives, giving you a real life aspect to the course.
- Take up the chance for international exchange visits with our partners in the Middle East and Hong Kong.
- Our Engineering Innovation Centre enables you to work on real-world projects with commercial partners in state-of-the-art facilities.
- This course is accredited by the EI on behalf of the Engineering Council, which plays an active role in ensuring that the course is developed to meet the needs of industry. The EI is a chartered professional membership body bringing together expertise to tackle urgent global challenges, responding to the climate emergency while meeting the energy needs of the world’s growing population.
- This course is recognised by the IFE as a Recognised Educational Programme (with academic exemption) for Member Grade (MIFireE). The IFE awards internationally recognised qualifications and membership, and plays an active role in ensuring that the course is developed to meet professional needs.
Please visit The University of Central Lancashire’s website for the latest information about our modules.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Energy Institute, The
- Fire Engineers, Institution of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
English language requirements
|with no component score less than 5.5 (To have been taken within two years of the course commencement date)
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding