As a professional economist or economic analyst, you could be working on some of society’s biggest questions. Such as, how do we make local economies stronger; what do we need to do to alleviate poverty in the UK and in developing countries; how do we decide which cancer treatments to fund; how can we understand the potential of new technologies, such as blockchain, to disrupt markets; how can we identify the future high growth companies and sectors to invest in? This masters is designed to equip you with the skills to influence and advise on the important decisions we face. It will prepare you for a career as an analyst in government, finance, the health and pharmaceutical sectors and economic consultancies. Aimed at those who have studied economics and are looking to focus their knowledge toward practical application, while also open as a conversion course to graduates without a degree in economics. You might already be working in local government or devolved administrations and wish to develop your skillset in economic analysis. With this course you can specialise in an area of your choice, such as public policy or finance. You’ll learn from experts in public policy economics and finance. The course reflects the Business School’s strength in public policy research and its links with external organisations that use economic advice. If your goal is to pursue a career as an economist or analyst, and to tackle the problems that affect people’s lives, then this course is for you. Features and Benefits
- Triple accredited – our Business School holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Practical application – develop the technical skills to be a professional economist, with a blend of policy analysis, quantitative modelling and data analytics, all rooted in the expertise of our Applied Economics research cluster.
- Real-world focus – you’ll have the opportunity to interact and network with employers and undertake your dissertation or an internship with one of our local partner organisations.
- Experts in economic and public policy analysis – learn from world-leading researchers of economics – with vast experience in public policy practice.
- Location – Manchester is at the heart of big innovative new ideas in public policy, including city region devolution, high speed rail as well as having a booming health and life sciences sector.
- Future Economies – study alongside a team of high-profile researchers from our research centre, conducting high-impact research in partnership with a variety of public, private and voluntary sector bodies.
- Career support – throughout your studies, we’ll help you boost your employability and secure graduate employment through our Careers and Employability Service. Opportunities to advance your career in policy and research are built into the course.
Please see our website for information on entry requirements.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0161 247 69 69