This unique business-focused biotechnology Masters programme has been specifically designed to tackle the enterprise skills gap in the bioscience graduate jobs market. Hosted by the Faculty of Biological Sciences and run jointly with Leeds University Business School, this interdisciplinary Masters provides the skills to translate scientific research breakthroughs into exciting enterprise ventures with commercial application. You’ll learn key theoretical knowledge whilst being given the opportunity to gain practical hands-on experience in our field-leading facilities. This will not only equip you with a cutting-edge scientific understanding, but also with the skills necessary to turn lab-based inventions and knowledge into commercial enterprises and socially useful products. You will also develop skills such as knowledge transfer, venture capital, business development, intellectual property and technology transfer, all of which are extremely desirable within the biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and molecular bioscience industries. Alternatively, graduates of the programme may choose to conduct research at PhD level and subsequently create their own new business ventures. This programme is open to a diverse range of students who have backgrounds in biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, health, natural sciences, medicinal chemistry and bioengineering. Course highlights
- Interdisciplinary learning with business components taught by the renowned Leeds University Business School.
- Commercially-focussed Masters developed to enhance transferable and entrepreneurial skills, highly sought-after by industry.
- Gain the intellectual property (IP), translational and commercialisation skills to develop your own business ventures based on ideas created at the laboratory bench.
- Learn entrepreneurial skills to transform the world by solving problems and develop leadership skills to communicate and manage change.
- Gain support and advice with starting your own business from Spark.
A bachelor degree with minimum 2:1 (Hons) in a relevant subject such as: Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, Pharmacology, Biomedical Science, Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Natural Sciences
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6.5||with no less than 6.0 in each component skill|
|TOEFL (iBT)||92||with no less than 21 in listening, 21 in reading, 23 in speaking and 22 in writing|
|PTE Academic||64||with no less than 60 in any component|
Please click here for further details of our English requirements
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
University of Leeds
Clearing contact details
University of Leeds Clearing Line
+44 (0)113 343 2336
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0113 343 1418