Our postgraduate certificate in Dental Cone Beam CT Radiological Interpretation is a part-time distance-learning course to train dentists to be able to use CBCT imaging appropriately to help diagnose clinical problems of the dento-alveolar areas of the jaws, correctly interpret the radiological signs and write structured radiological reports. This course is mostly delivered online, so you can study with minimum disruption to your professional and personal life while benefiting from world-class teaching. Key benefits
- The first university-based training of its kind.
- Enables students to understand and interpret the relatively new x-ray imaging modality of cone beam CT, enabling 3-dimensional cross-sectional imaging.
- Curriculum delivered by expert teaching staff, all at consultant level and GDC-registered specialists in this subject.
- Largest dental radiology department in UK, equipped with state-of-the-art CBCT machines.
- Delivered primarily online, the course also includes a block of face-to-face lectures and hands-on training at Guy's Hospital.
- Curriculum based on, and extends beyond, the latest UK guidelines for the training of dentists in the use and interpretation of CBCT scans. by dentists: a position paper prepared by the European Academy of DentoMaxilloFacial Radiology (EADMFR). Dentomaxillofacial Radiology 43, 20130291
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) or equivalent.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course