King's College London, University of London has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Our European Politics BA degree is an intellectually challenging course designed for students who want to gain an in-depth knowledge of politics and government with a particular emphasis on Europe. You will research the domestic politics of European countries as well as the integration of the European Union and the effect that this has had on governance in member states. You will also analyse the position of Europe in the international system. Key benefits
- Multi-national teaching faculty with a passion for their subject and a wealth of knowledge in the major fields of European politics.
- Our degree programme combines in-depth study with flexibility, allowing you to pursue your interests in areas of politics and government.
- Optional overseas study in the second semester of the second year. Current partner institutions located across Europe, Canada, the USA, and South-East Asia.
- You will gain an in-depth perspective on the governments, politics and histories of European countries.
- Benefit from close links with the university's nationally-focused political studies departments.
- Opportunities to be part of fundamental research and discussions.
- European Politics at King's provides a firm grounding for a wide-range of careers, including in EU institutions and national government, but also journalism, public relations, consultancies, think tanks and charitable organisations or NGOs.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
|UCAS Tariff||Not accepted|
|A level||AAA||Please note that A-level General Studies, Critical Thinking, Thinking Skills and Global Perspectives are not accepted by King's as one of your A levels|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||Please see our online prospectus for further details on our BTEC entry requirements.|
|Access to HE Diploma||D: 36 credits M: 9 credits P: 0 credits|
|Scottish Higher||AAB||Must be combined with two Scottish Advanced Highers. We do not count the Higher and Advanced Higher in the same subject|
|Scottish Advanced Higher||AA||Must be combined with three Scottish Highers. We do not count the Higher and Advanced Higher in the same subject.|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme||35 points||including 6,6,6 at Higher Level. Note the total point score of 35 includes TOK/EE.|
|Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)||H1, H1, H2, H2, H2, H2|
|Leaving Certificate - Ordinary Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)||Not accepted|
|Cambridge International Pre-U Certificate - Principal||D3, D3, D3||Please note that Global Perspectives is not accepted by King’s as one of your Pre-U Principal subjects. Combinations of Pre-U principal subjects and other qualifications (such as A-levels) will be considered.|
Preferred subjects: None Required subjects: None
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill|
|PTE Academic||69 overall with a minimum of 62 in each skill|
|TOEFL (iBT)||100 overall with a minimum of 25 in writing and 23 in each of the other skills|
|Cambridge English Advanced||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Cambridge English Proficiency||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Trinity ISE||Level III (ISEIII) with merit in each skill|
|Institution's Own Test||Pass the King's Pre-Sessional English Language Programme with Band 7|
We also accept the English Language component of a number of International and European qualifications as meeting our English Language requirements. These can include GCSE English, the International Baccalaureate, the Abitur or the French Baccalaureat. For more details, please see our website. Please note that the course requirements are under Band B.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|