- Develop the analytical and intellectual skills you’ll need for a successful career in Building Surveying. Step outside of the classroom and gain hands-on, real-world industry experience.
- Our stimulating, problem-solving approach engages you with the whole building surveying process. You’ll spend time out and about in the local environment and on construction sites.
- Assessment of your work is balanced between the academic requirements of a degree and the practical nature of your chosen career. Rather than writing academic essays, you’ll be producing reports and projects based on real-life scenarios.
- The course is delivered flexibly, including part-time delivery just one day per week, allowing you to study whilst in employment.
- There’s an optional 48-week sandwich placement in industry for full-time students between Year 2 and Year 3.
- Benefit from the latest high-quality equipment and facilities available in our new £35m Engineering Innovation Centre.
- Our graduates are highly regarded and have secured employment with large organisations such as BAE Systems.
- Study with students on the construction project management, facilities management and quantity surveying degrees, for valuable knowledge sharing.
Year 1: Study Skills, Basic Mathematics, ICT, Practical Skills, Design Studies, Analytical Studies Year 2: Compulsory Modules; Construction Technology, STET, Professional Practice (A), Professional Practice (B), Introduction to Law & Procurement, Management & Economics Year 3: Compulsory Modules; Construction Technology, Production Economics, Construction Law, Construction Quantification, Management & Project Planning, Professional Practice - QS Year 4: Compulsory Modules; Facilities Management (optional), Project Analysis & Appraisal, Maintenance Management, Professional Practice - BS, Professional Practice - QS, Dissertation/Project, Project Management & BIM
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Surveyors, Royal Institution of
- Chartered Institute of Building
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||with no component score less than 5.5 (To have been taken within two years of the course commencement date)|
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6500||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£6500||Year 1|