This highly respected degree offers you full creative control over the design and creation of fabrics, garments and products for fashion or interiors. You will develop your creative potential through developing technical and design skills, including innovative digital knit processes that are in high demand in the fashion and textile industry Key features
- Explore contemporary fashion and textile design, product development, and styling. Use of specialist state-of-the art digital equipment alongside traditional hand techniques.
- Choose to take a year-long work placement, in the UK or abroad, and gain a certificate or diploma in professional / international practice, this opportunity often leads to offers of employment after graduation.
- Get involved in competitions and live projects with industry with companies such as Next, John Smedley, Boden, Finisterre and The Society of Dyers and Colourists.
- Visit international trade fairs and exhibitions, such as Pitti Filati in Florence.
- Opportunity to apply for a European or international exchange to one of our partner institutions, such as Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Amsterdam Fashion Institute, and more.
- Have the opportunity to showcase your work at Graduate Fashion Week and New Designers in London and through collaborations with organisations such as SPINEXPO and Pitti Filatti.
- Educational grants and sponsorship opportunities available through our industry partners.
- NTU are ranked 16th in the UK for Fashion and Textiles. (The Guardian University Guide 2021).
- 100% of BA (Hons) Fashion Knitwear Design & Knitted Textiles SW students would recommend studying at NTU to others. (National Student Survey 2020)
[Year One] • Curiosity: Creative Exploration and Research (40 credit points, full year) • Curiosity: Creative Development and Application for Fashion Knitwear Design and Knitted Textiles (80 credit points, full year) [Year Two] • Directions: Industry and Context for Fashion Knitwear Design and Knitted Textiles (40 credit points, first half of the year) • Directions: Innovation and Transition for Fashion Knitwear Design and Knitted Textiles (40 credit points, second half of the year) • Co Lab: Research, Exploration and Risk-Taking (20 credit points, second half of the year) • Optional Module (20 credit points, first half of the year). Choose from: Material Stories Responding to the Visual World Model Making: Object and Narrative 3D Materials and Exploration Ethical Design Buying, Merchandising and Product Fundamentals Trend Forecasting Publishing: Experimental Formats [Year Three] • Optional Work Placement Year [Final year] • Resolutions: Culture and Context (20 credit points, first half of the year / 40 credit points, full year) • Resolutions: Practice and Context for Fashion Knitwear Design and Knitted Textiles (100 / 80 credit points, full year)
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- City Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
A lower offer may be made based on a range of factors, including your background (such as where you live and the school or college you attended), your experiences and individual circumstances (you may have been in care, for example). This is called a contextual offer and we get data from UCAS to make these decisions. NTU offers a student experience like no other, and this approach helps us to find students who have the potential to succeed here, but may have faced barriers that can make it more difficult to access university. We also consider equivalent qualifications and combinations. Please contact Nottingham Trent University Admissions team for further information.
Additional entry requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|