On this course you’ll be able to develop your skills and knowledge using up-to-date software, with the support and guidance from our experienced lecturers. You’ll also benefit from guest workshops and the opportunity to get innovating at our Pinewood Studio base, putting you right at the heart of one of the UK’s most important creative communities. Our creative briefs and projects will help you bring to life stories through the form of animation and upon graduation make your portfolio shine. Why study this subject? Whether it is 2D, stop-motion, 3D hand-drawn or computer-generated animation, a skilled animator can create the illusion of real life and all roles call for high levels of creativity and passion. The animation industry needs strong creative people with good team working skills. The UK is particularly renowned for stop-motion or stop-frame animation and children's animation and has a thriving computer games industry. Your skills will be valuable in any animation role, including commercials, games, web design, or any other situation that requires an animator. Why study at Buckinghamshire New University?
- You'll get the best of the university and the industry with classes on both our High Wycombe campus and our Pinewood Studios base
- You'll be studying a completely practical course – we focus on what you need to know for a career in animation; you’ll keep a reflective journal, and learn to give presentations like the professionals
- Small class sizes mean plenty of contact with your tutors
- The industry is all about teamwork; you will learn about industry pipelines and where animators can fit in
- You’ll have access to our industry standard equipment, including a VR lab, renderfarm, motion capture studio, and state or the art face capture kit and Xsens suits.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2021.
If you already have a 2021 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Buckinghamshire New University
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements for the 3-year undergraduate programme, or those who do not feel fully prepared for a Level 4 course, will be considered for the 4-year programme including a Foundation Year.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.