This exciting programme enables multi-agency professionals to learn in a lively and dynamic environment, to advance safeguarding knowledge and skills. The aim of this course is to bring real and positive change to the safeguarding of children, young people and adults, through developing personal, professional and organisational capacity to evaluate wide-ranging interventions in diverse contexts. What's covered in the course? On this course, you will gain in-depth knowledge and critical awareness of the legal, ethical, and practice issues which underpin safeguarding practice for children, young people and adults across the life-cycle. You will develop critical leadership and research skills, helping you to analyse and apply a range of safeguarding theories to protect and support people in diverse settings and contexts. You will explore topics such as:
- The legal, ethical and professional practice issues surrounding safeguarding
- Contemporary themes and key issues within the current safeguarding agenda
- Vulnerabilities, thresholds and risk assessment within safeguarding vulnerable people
- Complex multi-agency safeguarding casework and interventions including socio-economic influences, resilience, and the complexities of working with a culturally diverse community
- Findings and learning from research, serious case reviews, rapid reviews, SARs (Safeguarding Adults Review), inquiries, reports and literature applied to theory and practice
- Theories, styles, principles and processes of leadership that impact upon safeguarding
The modules are assessed via non-invigilated written assignments and invigilated assessments.
How to apply
Sorry, this course is not available to international students.
You will need evidence of successful completion of accredited Level 6 study (Degree) or evidence of recent Level 6 study. If you have not studied to level 6 but would benefit from the course and modules you may still apply, as individual applications will be considered on a case by case basis. You may also have completed complex studies equivalent to level 6 study. In some cases you may need to submit a reflective piece of writing on how the course would benefit and progress your professional development and how this would impact on your service/organisation. You may require your manager’s support and funding evidence before enrolment onto the course.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course