We believe that fair access to higher education is a fundamental enabler for social mobility and are committed to delivering this through our education. We aim to widen participation and raise attainment - bridging gaps in retention, progression and success - to ensure our students enjoy the best possible outcome. In support of the University’s Access and Participation Plan this course is only open to UK domiciled students who meet our contextual offer eligibility criteria, or are classed as Mature Students, and who may not have met the entry requirements for first year entry or have not been able to take A-level Mathematics alongside a BTEC L3 Extended Diploma. Check if you are eligible to join this programme on our contextual offer webpages.
- It covers the core mathematics required to successfully complete an Engineering degree programme at the University of Exeter
- You’ll be learning in a friendly and structured environment and will be supported academically and personally as you prepare to study an Engineering undergraduate degree
- Provided you achieve the specific progression criteria, you will progress into Year 1 of the BEng Engineering programme, or Year 1 of the Civil, Mechanical or Electronic Engineering programmes which have a Foundation Year
- Depending upon the qualifications you’ve gained prior to beginning the Foundation programme it may be possible to transfer to an undergraduate programme in Mathematics, Natural Sciences or Physics which have a foundation year and provided you meet the entry requirements for that programme
- International students looking for a foundation course, please visit our INTO page.
For a full list of modules please visit our course page.
Please visit our course page for current assessment methods.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- University of Exeter - Exeter campuses
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
Our International Student Support can help you with what you need to do before you arrive and when you get here as a new international student. They offer ongoing support throughout your studies whether that be setting up a bank account or arranging healthcare. Our Global Chums Buddy Scheme and our Intercultural Cafe provide opportunities to meet staff and connect with students. INTO University of Exeter provide pre-sessional English courses for international students as well as free insessional support. For more information about entry requirements, bursaries and scholarships please visit our course page.
In support of the university’s Access and Participation Plan this course is only open to UK domiciled students who meet our contextual offer eligibility criteria and who may not have met the entry requirements for first year entry or have not been able to take A level Mathematics alongside a BTEC L3 Extended Diploma. Students can check their eligibility on our contextual offer website https://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/entryrequirements/contextual/
English language requirements
GCSE English Language with a minimum pass of Grade C or 4
For further details on our English Language requirements please visit our website
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
We understand the financial pressures that undergraduate students can face when arriving at university for the first time and that is why we offer bursaries to complement government loans for low household income families, scholarships for exceptional students, sportspeople and those meeting other criteria as well as expert funding advice and guidance. For more information, please visit our course page.