This course will introduce you to practical skills in construction technology and allow you to develop the best way to learn, interpret data and understand the theories of construction management and property development. You’ll evolve a deeper knowledge of construction management and property development through interdisciplinary professional practice and independent study. KEY FEATURES OF THE COURSE:
- RANKINGS: In the National Student Survey 2022, this course achieved 100% overall satisfaction. 92% of students also agreed staff are good at explaining things and 92% of students agreed that staff made their subject interesting. The course was also ranked 3rd in the UK for student satisfaction with the course and 10th for student satisfaction with teaching in The Guardian University Guide 2023.
- ACCREDITATION: This course is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (CICES) and the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES: Take a major step towards membership of the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), which paves the way for Chartered status and the chance to boost your earning power. This course features plenty of hands-on experience to develop your practical approach to construction, problem solving and decision-making. In addition, there will be opportunities to join UK and European study trips and we also encourage you to display your work in exhibitions too.
- WORK EXPERIENCE: We offer a year industrial placement which will take place between the second and final year of your degree. This will help you to develop the skills required in the workplace and strengthen your CV. There is a range of support available for students who are looking to enhance their employability whilst studying including internships, placements and graduate roles.
- EXPERT TEACHING: You'll be taught by an experienced teaching team who are highly skilled in this field, ensuring you are taught to a high professional standard.
- The first stage of the course introduces you to practical skills in construction technology, develops your ability to interpret data and gives you an understanding of the theories of construction management. Throughout the course, we encourage you to challenge accepted ideas and analyse competing theories. As you progress, you will gain a deeper knowledge of construction management through Interdisciplinary Professional Practice and Independent Study.
- If you want to ‘top up’ an existing foundation degree or HND qualification to gain the BSc degree, you can also join this course at stage three, subject to bridging requirements being met.
- You will be assessed in a variety of ways including assignments, exams, presentations, class tests, case studies and portfolios. These assessment methods will help you develop your presentation and communication skills which are essential for professional practice.
- Offering a substantial hands-on experience, our BSc (Hons) Construction Management is an excellent route into a career offering a high level of responsibility and rewards. Once you have completed the course, you will have every opportunity to pursue an exciting professional career in construction management, project management, site management or manufacturing. Because the degree is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), you will be eligible for membership (MCIOB).
- This course is available with a Foundation Year option.
- This course is available with an Industrial Placement Year.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
English language requirements
IELTS overall score at a minimum of 6.0; with at least IELTS 5.5 in each band (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing) or another Secure English Language Test(SELT)at CEFR level B2 or above
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|