Drawing on academic and industry expertise from around the world, this course is designed to meet the requirements of professionals and organisations involved in the bidding process and delivery of sporting events of all sizes - from the Olympic Games to the Leeds Half Marathon. You will address the challenges facing sports events managers, including the increasing pressure to meet the demands of global governing bodies and how to manage a volunteer workforce, secure appropriate sponsorship packages, reduce risk and ensure the health, safety and security of every stakeholder. By developing the specialist knowledge and skills required, you will be able to strategically plan and manage sporting events to the satisfaction of regional, national and international stakeholders. This course is taught at The UK Centre for Events Management which has a global reputation as a market leader in events management education. We have close links with a wide range of industry partners and associations who all recognise our expertise in educating the events professionals of the future. The university has been given a five-star rating for our academic work in Hospitality & Leisure Management by QS, the international higher education benchmarking agency. Find out more The UK Centre for Events Management has been educating event professionals for more than 21 years. Our specialist team draws together academics and events professionals who have designed and developed cutting-edge courses that are informed by industry and research. Our staff are engaged in research and consultancy work, publishing their findings in textbooks and journals of international standing Why study Sports Events Management at Leeds Beckett University...
- The UKCEM Network - Become an active member of our thriving community of events practitioners – the UK Centre for Events Management (UKCEM) Network. Based at Leeds Beckett University, this network’s been delivering events management education for almost 25 years.
- A global reputation - The School of Events, Tourism & Hospitality Management was ranked in the top 50 best schools globally in 2022 by the Academic Ranking of World Universities.
- Expert practitioners - Our specialist teaching team includes research-active academics and industry professionals who work as consultants to the course – expertise which feeds into your learning.
- Sandwich year - Deepen your skills and experience, build your confidence, contacts, and CV, and improve your chances of jumping straight into a job after graduation with a paid sandwich year.
- Networking - Develop professionals contacts when visiting speakers come to offer unique industry insights during guest lectures.
- Support - Not only will we support your throughout your course, you can continue to access careers support up to five years after graduating.
- Sports Events: Impacts, Issues & Policy
- Events Operations & Event Risk Management
- Strategic & Financial Management for Events Organisations
- Sponsorship & Marketing for Sports Events
- HRM & Leadership in Events
- Research Methods & Event Evaluation
- Professional Practice
- Master Research Project
Applicants should either have at least a 2nd Class Honours degree or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment. All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional. Applicants whose 1st language is not English require IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum 6.0 in each component) or equivalent.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course