Why study BA Drama and Theatre Arts with Design and Technical Practice at Goldsmiths
- Goldsmiths is famous for producing theatre practitioners who have agency and critical capacity. Our design and technician staff team are artists, innovators and researchers in their own right.
- Studying with us makes you ready for work in the existing theatre and screen industries, but we also equip you to create, innovate, and initiate change, in your own right as technicians and artists.
- You'll take classes in ensemble performance, scenography, theatre-making, plus small-group coaching with a technical specialist in lighting, sound design, set, scenography and objects, stage management and costume design and production.
- Your learning experience will benefit from a more recent appreciation and diversification of what design and technical practice can do for theatre and creative industry events more generally.
- Our training assists you to achieve excellence in a nurturing and respectful environment.
- The Design and Technical Practice Pathway has been designed to work smoothly along the other Drama and Theatre Arts degrees so that your skills and imagination will benefit from being among peers with different specialisms in theatre and wider creative interests.
- There will be production-based exams across our other undergraduate and postgraduate programmes where you may observe, audit or participate, in order to build a portfolio of interests and skills.
- Goldsmiths is a small and welcoming arts university which provides the caring setting needed for training in acting, combined with a long history of intellectual and creative risk-taking and thoughtful questioning of how and why we make theatre in certain ways.
- You will benefit from the dynamic environment of Goldsmiths within reach of the imaginative and theatrical stimulus of London’s cultural and creative locations.
- You will be allocated a Personal Tutor from your programme of study who has overall responsibility for your individual progress and welfare.
- Support for your learning and wellbeing is provided in a number of ways by your Programme of study and also College support services, including the Wellbeing, Library Study Skills and Disability Teams.
- We will also give you access to a Senior Tutor who can support you with any issues that are negatively impacting your academic study and which are beyond the normal scope of issues handled by Programme Directors and Personal Tutors.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
English language requirements
|With a 6.0 in writing and no element lower than 5.5
English Language Requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course