University of Worcester has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Overview Our Game Art degree mixes creativity and talent with the latest technology and academic rigour. Our authentic, studio-based work and live briefs will boost your graduate prospects in the games development industry. You'll graduate with a portfolio of practical skills, creative abilities and technical expertise to develop successful game content. You will master industry software to create 2D and 3D concepts, while exploring the art of making games. You'll also learn to analyse artistic and cultural value and gain a critical appreciation of the mainstream and indie sectors. Key features
- 100% overall student satisfaction (NSS 2019)
- New Game Art Studio equipped with up-to-the-minute dual-screen high spec gaming PCs featuring industry standard software such as Substance Painter, Marmoset Toolbag, Maya, Motionbuilder and Unity.
- From concept art development to 3d character design or environmental asset creation, you will find your own passion and path in an ever growing and fast moving discipline.
- Strong industry links throughout the UK including a lively programme of guest lectures and game art mentors for our annual student Game Jam.
- Close collaboration with the BSc Computer Games Design & Development course allows authentic experience of working alongside programmers to create games, mirroring the real-world games industry.
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.