Overview Our Game Art course mixes high level creativity with cutting edge technology and supports you to find your passion within a broad-ranging subject. Our approach is based on authentic experience with strong industry links, giving you the opportunity to tackle live briefs, collaborative practice, and master industry standard software. You will graduate with the skills needed to pursue careers as character artists, environment artists, concept artists, and technical artists, among many other possibilities. Our dedicated games studio hosts our teaching sessions and also allows you to come and work independently when it suits you, creating a vibrant, creative space for you to learn and enjoy being part of a community. The course is equipped with the latest industry-standard software and high-spec dual screen PCs, as well as Wacom Cintiq graphics tablets and VR Kit. You will be supported by our award-winning teaching team to discover your specialism and take part in internationally recognised competitions such as The Rookies, graduating with a professional portfolio ready to take that next step into the industry. Key features
- 100% overall student satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2019
- Exclusive Game Art Studio equipped with dual-screen high spec gaming PCs featuring industry standard software such as Substance, Zbrush, Marvellous Designer, Marmoset Toolbag, Maya, Motionbuilder and Unity and Unreal Engines, as well as Wacom Cintiq graphics tablets.
- From concept art to 3d character or environmental asset creation, you will be supported to find your own passion and path in a fast-moving and cutting-edge discipline.
- Strong industry links throughout the UK including a lively programme of guest lectures and mentors from renowned game development studios for events such as our Game Jams, as well as our award winning teaching team who are all practising or industry experienced game artists.
- Diverse future career possibilities, including AAA studios, mobile and web game development, indie gaming, pre-visualisation and VR/AR production, as proven by our growing list of alumni.
- UKIE Student Membership gives our students access to industry professionals through dedicated conferences, events and Games Careers Week, supported by Grads in Games.
- Showcase your talent with our final year Degree Show, housed at The Art House. A prestigious private view opens the exhibition, your chance to share your work with top industry professionals
- Be part of a community, through our authentic game development studio and our online discord server that connects students and alumni supporting personal and professional development throughout the course and after graduation.
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.