The Postgraduate Certificate in Ministry and Mission is primarily designed as an extension programme for students who have completed a Master of Arts in Theology (or equivalent) and want to start a career in ministry within the Trans-European Division (TED) of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.** While in combination with the MA Theology this course is a requirement for ministerial employment in the TED, it is also for anyone with the relevant entry requirements who would like to undertake postgraduate studies with a focus on ministry and mission.** Newbold’s comprehensive training with equip you with:
- A deeper and more diverse insight into models of mission and evangelism.
- The opportunity to understand and practice a wider spectrum of preaching styles.
- The ability to analyse and process current issues in society and the Church.
- The appropriate preparation for the next stage of your career, be that further education or one of many areas of employment.
To fulfil the requirements for the Postgraduate Certificate in Ministry and Mission you will need to successfully complete 60 credits of the modules listed below:
- The modules offered change every year – with a minimum of three postgraduate modules offered at the start of the semester.
- These modules may also require intensive, mandatory attendance on campus with dates scheduled in advance.
- Healthy churches: Planting & Revitalising (20 credits)
- Approach church planting and revitalisation from a missiological perspective, incorporating the biblical theology of mission, contextualised by sociological and cultural factors, which impact church planting and developing Christian discipleship.
- Engaging Contemporary European Culture (20 credits)
- Examine epistemological issues between various worldviews in Europe and the Bible with critical analysis of the concepts that shaped those worldviews' historical, philosophical, and scientific aspects.
- Digital Discipleship (20 credits)
- An analytical and evaluative study of biblical and secular communication, examining the communication of the Gospel through digital media, including social media, live streaming and radio broadcasts.
Written exams, written assignments (including essays), reports, portfolios, oral assessments and presentations.
Generally, to be eligible for entry to the Postgraduate Certificate in Ministry and Mission, you will need to have completed: A Bachelor of Arts in Theology (or equivalent) or A Bachelor of Arts (or equivalent) in any area PLUS: A Postgraduate Diploma in Biblical and Pastoral Studies (or equivalent).
Fees and funding