Coventry University has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
Law is one of the world’s oldest professions. Filled with intrigue and complexities, law is a fascinating and exciting subject area that is an essential component of everyday life. A degree in law can lead you to a wide number of career options, including a lawyer, legal executive or costs negotiator. Success in this field demands discipline, strategic thinking, a solid knowledge of legislation and the ability to adapt to different scenarios. As legal knowledge is key for success in this career, this course focuses on teaching you key theoretical principles and fundamental best practices such as how to make succinct legal arguments. Key course benefits;
- Upon completion of this course, you will receive a qualification awarded by Coventry University, which is ranked 13th best university in the UK in the Guardian University Guide 2019. Coventry University were also awarded a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) in 2017.
- In order to make higher education accessible to as many people as possible, we keep our tuition fees competitively priced.
- You will receive support with applying for short and long-term placements, to gain the experience employers desire, with our Careers & Employability Department.
- You will have the opportunity for multi-campus learning in Scarborough, Coventry and London.
- Small tutorial group sessions ensure that you receive the mentoring help and support you need.
- We deliver one module at a time during each block. This means you can dedicate your time to specialise in each subject without the distraction of numerous modules and multiple deadlines.
Your main study themes are: The English Legal System: An understanding of the classifications of law into public/private, domestic/European/international and civil/criminal. Key concepts of criminal law and its applications to real life scenarios. Internationalisation: Comparative study of other legal orders, such as the European Union or legal systems in other jurisdictions which are also based on English common law. Client Care and Practice: Conducting interviews and best practices, identifying legal problems, customer support and system management and law from the clients’ perspective. Research Methods: Internet based law research resources, such as Westlaw, LexisNexis and LawTel. Presentation of work through digital media is built into session plans. For more information about what you will study, please visit our website.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||80 points||from a minimum of two A2 levels.|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||MMP|
|Access to HE Diploma||The Access to HE Diploma to include 15 Level 3 credits at Merit. Plus GCSE English and GCSE Mathematics at grade 4 / C or above.|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||DM|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme||24 points|
|GCSE/National 4/National 5||5 GCSEs at grade 4 / C or above to include English and Mathematics.|
All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course. The University also accepts the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate/BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma and BTEC Level 3 National Diploma/BTEC Level 3 Diploma for entry onto degree programmes, provided that they are studied in combination with other qualifications that are equivalent to three A2 Levels. This may include subject specific requirements where necessary. If you are successful in receiving an offer, you will be invited to an Applicant Visit Day to discover more about the course and studying at Coventry University Group.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6500||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact details
Recruitment and Admissions
Thursday 13th and Friday 14th August - 07:00 - 19:00 Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th August - 10:00 - 16:00 Monday 19th August onwards - 8:30 - 17:00