If your ambition is to gain a senior site management role within the construction industry, our BSc Construction Management degree will set you on the right path. About the Foundation Year The Foundation Year course option enables you to study for our BSc (Hons) degree over an extended full-time duration of four years by including a Foundation Certificate (year one of four). The Foundation Certificate provides a broad study programme that underpins the follow-on degree. In order to progress to the next year of your degree, it is necessary to achieve a pass in all of the modules of the Foundation Certificate. What's covered in the course? In the UK, the construction industry provides one tenth of the UK’s gross domestic production and is a substantial employer, with over two million people employed in the industry. Our course matches the needs of the industry, preparing you to be able to manage a construction project from inception and design through to occupation by developing your skills in management to enable you to deliver projects safely, on time, on budget and to the highest possible quality. The complexity of construction projects requires construction professionals who have expertise in construction management and can work effectively with people from different cultural backgrounds and construction disciplines. You will learn about the immediate and long-lasting effect which construction activities have on the environment, and discover sustainable and environmentally sound construction methods and innovative management practices. This degree has social innovation embedded its core. You will learn through creative social problem solving, working with our industrial partners to develop your intellectual and practical competence, as required by professional bodies such as CIOB and RICS. After completing this course, you will have a broad range of knowledge of the legal, technical, managerial, economic, social and environmental aspects of construction projects, and be able to confidently manage both commercial and civil engineering projects. Why Choose Us?
- Accredited course - The course content is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) and developed in line with their requirements. By undertaking further suitable work experience and the Professional Review, you can apply for full membership of CIOB and AssocRICS following the Assessment of Professional Competence.
- State-of-the-art facilities and strong industry links - You will be based at our Millennium Point campus in City Centre, where our facilities have undergone a £6.5 million investment to provide you with the very best learning experience. Our links with employers such as Willmott Dixon allow you to apply what you learn in a practical context through work placement opportunities and live projects.
- Study at the heart of Birmingham’s regeneration - It’s an exciting time to study in Birmingham as it undergoes a huge regeneration. The Big City Plan, a 20-year vision covering every aspect of the built environment, is creating innovative redevelopments and opportunities.
- Access to international competitions - Apply your skills to real-life projects in competitions such as the Associated Schools of Construction (ASC) Design and Build competition.
- Scholarships - You might be eligible for grant funding of up to £9,500 towards your degree, through the Built Environment Scholarship. You may also be able to gain funding through our travel scholarship scheme.
- We are an Autodesk Training Centre (ATC) -This national and international recognition will give you access to on-campus training by certified Autodesk instructors, providing you with digital skills that will be highly sought after by employers. Autodesk applications play an important part in supporting the digital transformation of Architecture, Engineering and Construction.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Millennium Point Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||with no less than 5.5 in any level|
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Birmingham City University
15 Bartholomew Row
Clearing contact details
0121 331 6777
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Course Enquiries Team
0121 331 6295