Overview By studying this Joint Honours degree in Creative Writing and Illustration you gain experience in two highly complementary disciplines, allowing you to produce work that showcases your development in both areas. Our interdisciplinary approach gives flexibility and a wider view of the world that is attractive to employers. Studying these courses in combination could be right for you if your creative interests span working in both visual and written forms, and if your curiosity is fired by the possibilities afforded by visual and other communication contexts. Creative Writing aims to nurture your confidence as a writer and to support your development as a critical and skillful analyst of writing, whilst developing your commercial practice (writing for magazines, reviewing, scriptwriting, editing) and understanding of the publishing industry. When studying Illustration at Worcester, you aim to cover the complete range of genres and forms, including children’s books, editorial and magazine illustration, graphic novel, reportage, authorial illustration, and advertising. Key features
- An exciting programme of guest speakers for both areas, including Olivier Kugler, Isabel Greenberg, Jonny Hannah, Katerina Manolessou, Ben Newman, Jane Ray, Nobrow, and Flying Eye Books.
- Introduction to exhibition practice through illustration fairs, card sales and exhibitions in the final year graduation show.
- Opportunity to travel to destinations in mainland Europe and to showcase your work in London.
- Excellent work placement opportunities, including through Writing West Midlands and Ledbury Poetry Festival.
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.