This course offers a practical approach to the successful management of a wide range of events. Experiences are at the heart of this degree so you will get to plan and deliver an event every year. There are numerous opportunities throughout the course for you to engage in work placements, project work and to network with successful events businesses. Our links with industry provide you with opportunities to gain valuable work experience alongside your studies as does the option to complete a year’s work placement to prepare you for your future career. Throughout this course you will learn the principles and theoretical frameworks related to events management and how to apply this theory in practice. You will cover the following course themes: logistics and operations management, risk management, health and safety, strategy, ﬁnance, new media event marketing, project management, public relations, sustainability, economic and social impacts of events. In previous years, Events Management students have participated in an optional study trips to London and a European destination. We also aim to provide a regional or national study trip annually to a venue or event. By studying at the University of Northampton, you can be sure that:
- You will experience student life at the University’s £330 million Waterside Campus. Come along to an Open Day and find out more.
- Students enrolling on this course at Northampton will be provided with their own brand new laptop* to keep at no additional cost. All sports clubs and societies are free to join at Northampton and every essential course text book is available via the library, meaning you won’t have to purchase copies. For more information on this visit our website (northampton.ac.uk/benefits).
- Our expert academics teach in small groups supported with one to one assistance. Our academics and students form a tight bond, providing individualised support and guidance whilst challenging students academically.
- We invest more money into your education than 90% of Universities in the UK**
- Whatever your ambitions, we’re here to help you to achieve them. We’ll support you to identify the skills you’re learning during your course, find your strengths and secure practical experience so that when it comes to applying for jobs or further study you’ll feel confident in standing out from the crowd.
- In fact, we’re so confident in our careers and employability support that if you achieve at least a 2:2 degree and complete either our Employability Plus Gold programme or achieve a Changemaker Gold Certificate during your time studying with us, but still haven’t secured full-time employment 12 months after graduating, we will secure a three – six month paid internship for you or support you into postgraduate study.
Stage One • Event Logistics (Compulsory) • The Events Industry (Compulsory) • Professional Development for Tourism and Events (Compulsory) • Service Industry Decision Making (Compulsory) • Entrepreneurship for Tourism and Events (Compulsory) • Events and Tourism in the Media (Compulsory) • Market Intelligence for Events and Tourism (Compulsory) Stage Two • Risk Management in Events (Compulsory) • Events Professional Practice (Compulsory) • Events and Tourism Research (Compulsory) • Event Communications (Compulsory) • Career Launchpad for Events, Tourism and Hospitality (Compulsory) • Contemporary Issues in Events Management (Compulsory) • Championing Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Wellbeing in Events, Tourism and Hospitality (Compulsory) • Customer Experience Design for Events (Designated) • Event Hospitality (Designated) • Managing Visitor Attractions (Designated) • Development Through Work (WBL) (Designated) Optional Placement Year • The Placement Year Experience: Organisations in Context (Compulsory) • Stage Three • Mega Event Legacies (Compulsory) • Building Your Personal Brand (Compulsory) • Client-Centred Event (Designated) • Dissertation (Designated) • Research Project (Designated) • Events and Sustainability (Designated) • International Destination Management (Designated) • Service Excellence Design (Designated) • Integrated Marketing Communications for Events (Designated) • Content Marketing & PR for Events (Designated) Module information is quoted for 22/23 entry. Please note that modules run subject to student numbers and staff availability, any changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly. 23/24 entry modules will be updated in June 2023.
A variety of individual and group-based assessments are used including reports, presentations, posters, e-portfolios, projects, client briefs, and videos.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|