Our Masters in Law offers maximum flexibility and provides unrivalled choice and opportunity. Choose a specialist pathway and gain a deeper insight into an area of law, giving you advantage in an ever more competitive market.
- Choose a broad-based LLM programme or specialise in Commercial Law; Corporate and Financial Law; Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law, and International Protection of Human Rights and Personal Freedom
- Study at a time and pace to suit you and your circumstances
- Benefit from our modern approach to teaching law in a global context: you can tailor your coursework and assignments to different jurisdictions, so you can gain a truly international flavour of law
- Learn from our team of expert practitioners
- Postgraduate loan available, plus if you’re a Derby graduate you’ll receive an alumni discount
Your core and option modules are based on whether you are studying the general LLM pathway or a specialist named pathway.
Types of assessment include assignments, portfolio preparation, reports, presentations and online preparation of material. In several modules you can relate your assessment to different jurisdictions, so that your national law can be the focus of your award. Assessment is integrated into the learning and teaching of modules. The scheduling of work is consistent, balanced and inclusive in line with your progressive development. The final Masters stage is assessed through the submission of your Independent Study or Masters thesis on a specialist topic of your own choosing. Our tutors will support you in preparing this.
You'll need: An honours degree in any subject at least 2.2 classification; We will also consider applicants with relevant work experience who may be accepted following interview; If your first language is not English, you will need to evidence a proficiency in English (IELTS 7.0).
Fees and funding
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Derby
Course contact detailsVisit our course page