Our BSc Microbiology degree will equip you with a sound scientific grounding in microbiology and its applications in areas including biotechnology, environmental research, food security and human health.
- We’ll prepare you for careers in a variety of sectors, including agricultural, commercial, environmental, industrial and medical settings.
- You’ll benefit from over 300 hours of practical classes, where you’ll develop a range of laboratory-based and theoretical skills underpinned by sound scientific practice.
- As you progress through the course you’ll gain an understanding of how these skills can be applied to solving global health problems through biotechnological innovation.
- Develop advanced skills and techniques during 300+ hours of practical classes.
- This course has been designed to meet the needs of industry employers.
- Engage in interprofessional learning with other healthcare undergraduates.
Foundation Year - FZC018 Study Skills - FZC006 Biology - FZC007 Chemistry - FZC008 Biochemistry - FZC009 Mathematics - FZC010 Physics - Year One - BL1013 Biosciences in Practice - BL1012 Essential Skills in Biosciences - BL1011 Fundamentals of Biosciences - Year Two - BL2018 Microbiology and Global Health - BL2013 Molecules to Cells - BL2011 Bioscience Practical Skills - Year Three (Optional Placement Year) BL2017 - Year Three or Year Four - BL3024 Microbial Biotechnology - BL3013 - Clinical Microbiology for Healthcare Science - BL3011 - Research Project
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6000||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£6000||Year 1|