University of Huddersfield has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
Getting stuck into the four main disciplines of biology, chemistry, maths and physics, you’ll have the chance to get a grounding in the scientific knowledge you’ll need no matter which route you eventually decide to take.
- But it’s not just about theory here. Our professional, dedicated and friendly staff are on hand to help reshape the way you learn, challenge you to rethink your own practices and equip you with the skills that will be the foundations for your further studies.
- Taught through lectures, tutorials and laboratory practicals in our modern facilities, you’ll get the benefit of the staff’s expertise in both academia and industry. Optional drop-in sessions offer a great opportunity for you strengthen your knowledge and make sure you’ve got a clear understanding of all the material as you go along.
- This course is designed to stretch you and get you working hard and, if you’re up for the challenge, we’ll support you every step of the way.
- Outside the classroom, our academic skills tutors can help you with your writing style, structuring work or preparing for exams. You’ll also be assigned a personal tutor. For any issues that may have an impact on your studies or general wellbeing, you can turn to our student guidance and support officer for advice.
- Examples of successful students in the past have included three graduates from this Science Extended Degree leading to a BSc(Hons) Degree who, in 2015, came top in their respective undergraduate degrees with two winning Chancellor’s prizes. (Chancellor’s Prizes are awarded to the students from each of the University’s academic schools who have achieved the best results in their final year).
- Biological Sciences
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering*
- Forensic Science
Modules: Maths and Physics Biology Chemistry Scientific Investigations Science Skills
Assessment will include coursework, eportfolio, projects and laboratory work in addition to examinations. Your module specification/course handbook will provide full details of the assessment criteria applying to your course.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||80 points||from a combination of Level 3 qualifications.|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||MMP||This does not need to be in a Technical or Science subject.|
|Access to HE Diploma||M: 45 credits|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme||80 UCAS tariff points from International Baccalaureate qualifications.|
As part of the selection process applicants are normally required to complete an entry test and interview. Read our guidance for more information - https://www.hud.ac.uk/undergraduate/how-to-apply/interviews/ If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages - https://www.hud.ac.uk/international/where-are-you-from/ Other suitable experience or qualifications will be considered. For further information please see the University's minimum entry requirements.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Course scholarships available – up to £3000. More details - http://www.hud.ac.uk/undergraduate/fees-and-finance/undergraduate-scholarships/
University of Huddersfield
Clearing contact detailsClearing places available at Huddersfield Uni
General Clearing for Applicants
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
School of Applied Science - Science
+44 (0)1484 473867
Student Recruitment Team
+44 (0)1484 472625