In a rapidly changing world, there has never been a greater need for people to sustainably manage the environment. Whether you are a recent graduate seeking career opportunities in the environmental sector, or a more experienced professional looking to develop your range of competencies, MSc Environmental Management provides you with the knowledge and skills necessary for success. Environmental change affects everyone on the planet and sustainably managing a changing natural environment is one of the 21st century’s most pressing challenges. This course will develop your theoretical knowledge and practical skills, enabling you to begin to meet these challenges in your chosen career. You will learn about the changes happening to the environment at different spatial scales and will develop your understanding of the concepts used to manage environmental change, from site-based project management to sustainable development. You will also learn about the legal and economic context of the environment, exploring how the environment can be integrated into a range of policy sectors. Each of the topics you cover will draw upon the latest scientific literature and teaching from leading academic researchers. At the University of Bedfordshire, you will develop practical skills in our well-equipped new laboratories and be taught by staff with expertise in ecology, biotechnology, management and environmental microbiology, enabling specialist tuition and supervision of your practical work. Why chose this course?
- Study how the integration of environmental science, biotechnological methods and project management can help with the sustainable management of environmental, biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Explore the principles and methodologies of environmental biotechnology, and gain the ability to critically evaluate and identify technologies applicable for the sustainable management of global environmental change
- Develop a systematic understanding and critical awareness of the biological, ecological and socio-economic drivers of global environmental change, and how these are inter-related
- Gain the ability to evaluate methods of managing environmental change at local and global levels, including legislative, voluntary and economic management
- Benefit from the opportunity to choose a career with environmental consultancies, biotechnological research organisations, and national and international government agencies and non-governmental bodies.
Areas of study include:
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Environmental Management and Sustainability
- Environmental Project Management
- Environmental Research Project
- Global Environmental Change
Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
University of Bedfordshire
Clearing contact details
0300 3300 073
Thursday 18 August 08:00-20:00 Friday 19 August 08:00-20:00 Saturday 20 August 10.00–16.00 Sunday 21 August 10.00–16.00 Monday 22 August 09.00–17.00 Tuesday 23 August 09.00–17.00 Wednesday 24 August 09.00–17.00 Thursday 25 August 09.00–17.00 Friday 26 August 09.00–17.00 Open Day Bookings here: https://www.beds.ac.uk/open-days/ Apply Online here: https://www.beds.ac.uk/clearing
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0300 3300 073