Studying this internationally-focused and multi-accredited course you will come across leading industry speakers, consultancy projects, ‘live’ scenarios, and field trips to tourism hotspots. Why study BA (Hons) Tourism Management at BU?
- Bournemouth University is second in the UK for hospitality and tourism management according to the Shanghai Rankings of Academic Subjects 2023.
- One of the first courses to be offered in the UK and has been refined over three decades to give you the skills and knowledge of the tourism sector
- Taught by industry specialists who are actively involved in research that informs the future of the industry, as well as notable experts during our regular guest lectures
- Pick specialist modules to bring your education in line with your own passions, interests and, ultimately, career aspirations
- Build your network of professional contacts, enhance your CV and employability during the 30-week work placement that can be taken anywhere in the world
- You can study abroad at one of our many partner institutions across the world
Year 1: The Tourism and Hospitality Industries, Marketing for Tourism and Hospitality, Understanding the Tourist, The Visitor Economy, Sustainable Tourism Destinations and Tourism, Wildlife & the Environment.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- United Nations World Tourism Organisation
- Travel and Tourism, Institute of
- Hospitality, Institute of
- Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 4
AccessBU: AccessBU provides you with the opportunity to tell us about your circumstances that are not always evident in your UCAS application. This widening access initiative also considers relevant criteria such as being in care or if you live in an area with a low participation rate in Higher Education - if you are eligible, your offer could be up to 16 UCAS tariff points below the published tariff. Apprenticeships: We recognise the transferable knowledge and skills gained through apprenticeships and welcome applications from students with a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship recognised by the Institute for Apprenticeships. Each application will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Deferred entry: We are happy to consider eligible applicants for deferred entry. If you have already submitted your application, please submit your deferral request through our website. Direct entry: We welcome applications from students who have previously studied at degree level at other institutions and wish to transfer onto a BU course. Our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) procedure enables credit awarded from one institution to contribute to a BU award, subject to an application process. Please visit our RPL webpage for more information. Mature applicants: We recognise that mature applicants may have a wealth of experience rather than formal qualifications, so we’ll consider your application on these merits if included in your application. You’ll need to apply to BU in the usual way through UCAS and you may be invited to an interview to discuss your suitability for the course based on the experience you tell us about in your application.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||If English is not your first languge, you will need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component of writing, speaking, listening and reading or equivalent.|
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|