Our BEng (Hons) Biomedical Engineering degree offers the chance to harness engineering principles to tackle medical issues. For technical thinkers and born problem solvers, it’s a degree that offers the practical skills and cutting-edge understanding to pursue a future in a highly specialised field. From start to finish, it’s a degree with a hands-on approach: with us, you’ll learn by doing. Along the way, you’ll explore a range of topics- these could include key engineering concepts, design techniques and digital manufacturing processes, as well as biological systems, anatomy and physiology – while gaining practical experience of the latest technologies, like 3D printing and rapid prototyping. The course then culminates in a major individual project, capturing all you’ve learned. It’s not only a chance to demonstrate your professional-standard technological skills, but also a career-boosting opportunity to showcase your work at our degree show. Put simply, by the time you graduate, you’ll have what it takes to make a mark in biomedical engineering – not just for today, but for years to come. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Learn from experts in academic research, industrial R&D and commercial design, giving you an understanding of the latest technology and design techniques, coupled with an appreciation of the commercial environment.
- Tackle real-world live projects set by our industry partners, with the chance to develop valuable skills and learn from valuable feedback, advice and insights from industry insiders.
- Spend a year on industrial placement with our four-year placement route and gain invaluable experience working in industry. This may be subject to national lockdown restrictions.
- Get hands on with the latest digital design and fabrication technologies at our 3D additive and digital manufacturing centre, PrintCity.
- Participate in national competitions, like the Formula Student racing car competition or the Engineering For People Design Challenge.
- Take part in an Industry-4.0-focused degree programme supported by strategic links with Siemens and Autodesk.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2022.
If you already have a 2022 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course