If you’d like an exciting career in the fast-paced, deadline-driven world of sports journalism then this is the course for you. Gain the knowledge and skills needed to work in a multi-platform and increasingly digitally focused sports journalism industry. Why study BA (Hons) Multimedia Sports Journalism at BU?
- Take part in authentic news days and provide extensive coverage of local sports including AFC Bournemouth and other clubs
- Graduate equipped to become a sports and convergence specialist and trained to be agile enough to respond to new technologies and consumer/audience behaviours
- Showcase your sports journalism to the public via our online platform BUzz, BU’s campus radio station, Nerve magazine and your own social media channels and websites
- Make invaluable industry connections during a four- or 30-week placement with national and regional media organisations
- Learn from experienced professionals including senior industry guest speakers and our successful alumni
- Bournemouth University is ranked in the top 20 universities for Journalism in the Guardian University Guide 2023.
During the Foundation Year, you will study Academic & Professional Practice | Collaborative Communication Project | Media & Current Debates | Media Work. In Year 1, as part of the Degree, you will study: News & Storytelling in Sport 1 | Broadcast Journalism in Sport | Journalism & Society | Research for Journalism | Media Law | Digital Storytelling in Sport | Shorthand 1 |
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|