Overview A joint honours in English Literature and Film Studies enables you to critically examine English Literature in some of its immensely varied contexts alongside developing analytical skills attuned to the diverse medium of film. Studying English Literature at Worcester allows you to develop skills in close and creative reading, theoretical concepts and a critical awareness of the relationship between texts and their contexts. Film Studies at Worcester introduces you to a wide range of film genres and gives you the ability to understand how we interact, represent our ideas, and tell our stories through a visual medium. Key features
- Excellent employment potential in careers like advertising, PR and journalism, as well as the film industry.
- Small-class sizes, one-to-one tutorials and robust communication between students and staff
- Study diverse literatures emanating from the sixteenth through to the twenty-first centuries – and encompassing both ‘canonical’ and ‘marginal’ texts
- All Film Studies modules are assessed by coursework, not formal examinations
- Tailor your course to your individual needs with a joint honours degree
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.